Hello out there! I'm sure by now you've all figured out I'm not much of a blogger. :p I really haven't spent much time on the internet at all this year, life has been interesting enough in the real world! lol SOOOO, what got me so excited I couldn't resist posting about it?! Keep reading and you'll find out! :)
For those of you who don't know, I'm actively pursuing a degree in Nursing, currently at BCC and hopefully transferring to finish at UMass Dartmouth as an RN. My great desire and long-term goal is to do foreign medical missions work...the short-term vision being to get practical work with pediatric nursing. With this in mind, I have begun looking into schooling at my local community college (10 mins away!) and I've been amazed at how everything is falling into place! I'm finishing up a 6 wk summer course in biology (a prerequisite for the RN program) this week, taking my lecture final Thursday and writing a research paper as my lab project. That's where this post comes in......
I was at a loss as to what I should write my report on. My instructor (who has been wonderful!) did not give us any strict guidelines other than 3-4 pages, double-spaced (haha, of course), on anything biology-related. I asked a few people for ideas and a friend's mom suggested maybe something on stem cell research. I thought, 'hey, maybe that will work. It's a controversial issue, I'll learn about something I'm interested in, and there's plenty of material out there to fill an excess of 4 pages!" :) Suffice it to say, I began my researching today (yeah, I know, could I be any more last minute?!) and ended up spending a ton of time reading material on the NIH (National Institute of Health) website. They have an article on the U.S Policy on Stem Cell Research along with the President's EO issued March '09 stripping down restrictions on government funding of SC research. I read through the NIH guidelines for such research and became increasingly upset and infuriated at the depravity of it all! Harvesting human embryos for research, research that has yet to prove conclusive, research which involves destroying the most sacred of God's creations! Tears streamed down my face. "Lord", I asked, "why have you not yet destroyed this land in its utter perversion?" And then I read President Obama's address given at the time he signed the EO. Here's the link if anyone's interested. http://www.whitehouse.gov/. Indignant doesn't begin to describe my sentiments. That he would have the audacity to end that speech with "God bless America"!... Long story short, here I am grieving the tragic state of affairs, wondering how we could be at the point where people think it's ethical to harvest human life, etc, when I stumbled across something unbelievable...."A federal judge Monday blocked the Obama administration from funding human embryonic stem cell research, ruling that the support violates a federal law barring the use of taxpayer money for experiments that destroy human embryos." http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/23/AR2010082303448.html The date on this Washington Post article? August 24, 2010! This court ruling was yesterday! Now tell me miracles don't happen! God is at work, never doubt that! I love His timing. His grace is more than amazing....
So be encouraged. Admire the silver lining as the light of His truth shines through the dark clouds of sinful human reason. Show your support for Judge Lamerth's decision through emails, phone calls, letters, etc. And continue to pray for this nation and the governing authorities!
Thanks for stopping by!
Don't know when I'll be back, but "keep a wary eye on the horizon". lol
Love you all!
<3 Tasha <3
Wow! Just when it seems like evil overwhelmingly surrounds and that there is no one else standing up for God's principles, God provides hope for his people and shows them that they are not alone in their stand for righteousness.
ReplyDelete1 Kings 19:9-18