Friday, August 27, 2010

If I Didn't Know You

If I didn't know You
Would I still adore the brilliant sunshine?
If I didn't know You
Would I still love the ocean waves?
If I couldn't feel Your arms guiding me day by day
If I didn't know You
Would I want to live anyway?

~Chorus~
Cuz I see Your hand- all around me
I hear Your voice- it whispers to me
Your unfailing love- all consuming
It gives me Life- never ending
So now I'm wondering...
If I didn't know You
How would I sing?
How could I smile?
If I didn't know You
What would I do?
If I didn't know You

If I didn't know You
Would the sunset still bring me joy?
If I didn't know You
Would I still sing in the pouring rain?
If Your love hadn't set ablaze the fire of my soul
If I didn't know You
Oh Father, where would I go?

If I didn't know You...tell me what would I do?
Oh what in the world would I do?
If I didn't know.... You .....

So, thank You, Jesus
For Your sovereign revelation
For opening my eyes to see
For proclaiming Your majesty
For becoming my rock, my salvation
Oh, thank You, Lord
For creating in me a clean heart
For making me new
Let my desire always be just to know You!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...
    I love you<3<3<3
    xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Nice to know someone still stops by! :) Love you girls!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete