Yesterday Brianna and I went skydiving and it was the most extreme experience of my life! I don't even know how to describe it. Brianna was the first one to jump (out of our group of 8) and it was a profound moment when we waived goodbye, knowing that it could possibly be the last time I'd see her alive (seriously, it was dramatic). The airplane was really small so they could only fit 2 pairs of jumpers at a time plus the pilot. It took about 10-15 minutes to reach the proper altitude. It was a perfect day for skydiving; clear skies, not too hot, not too cold, and it was a Sunday, what could be better? The emotional build up while waiting for my turn was like nothing I've ever experienced. I had no clue what to expect and I was praying that Brianna's chute would open. It did, of course. = ) Once she landed (lol) I got ready to go.
The airplane ride itself was lots of fun and the view was absolutely beautiful! As my instructor began the final preparations I looked out the window and thought, "this is crazy! why in the world am I going to jump out of this thing?". Then the door opened! I can't begin to decribe the feeling that washed over me. It's just so against instinct to open an airplane door at that altitude. I held onto the pilot's chair as I placed my left foot onto the aluminum step outside the plane. Then I put my right foot out and the instructor grabbed my hand from off the pilot's seat and we dove. What a flight. It was the most exhilirating experince of my life. So crazy. So exciting. The free-fall was the best part. Honestly, it's not at all what you would imagine free-falling to feel like. There's no stomach tickle, no real physical sensation, it's mostly psychological. For the first second you know you're falling but then all you feel is the wind against your face and you're just riding the air. I didn't even think about whether or not the chute would open and it was a little disappointing when it did because I wanted the fall to last longer. Don't get me wrong, I did want the chute to open. = )
The rest of the ride down was great. It was breathtaking to be up so high with nothing between me and the wind. I loved it! I'd like to do it at least once more in my lifetime, it was unbelievable. I'm so glad I didn't back out, it's really not as scary as it sounds. I was more nervous thinking about it than actually doing it (except for getting out of the plane, pretty traumatic). I think skydiving is something everyone should experience. Just make your peace with God and man before you jump. ; )
p.s thanks to all of you who prayed for our safety
p.p.s I'll be sure to post pics as soon as possible
Oh ya! That was the most amazing experience ever! I can see why it's addicting. I want to go again soooo bad!!!!!! The freefall is the best. It's out of this world. And the view was spectacular. I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!(except signing the waiver, that was the scariest part lol)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO SKYDIVING!!!
I envy you and Brianna. That sounds incredibly fun.
ReplyDelete